Are you more comfortable giving than receiving? For many women, the answer is “yes.” Even though every giver has a receiver – there is a recipient for every act of giving – we are taught to overvalue one and devalue the other. This Mother’s Day, let others give to you. Here are six reasons to receive:
1. Receiving opens your heart, creates connection, and strengthens your relationships.
2. When you receive graciously, you give a gift to the person who has given to you.
3. Show your children that how you receive is just as important as how you give.
4. Healthy relationships are a two-way street: sometimes you are the giver and other times you are the receiver. Today, be the receiver!
5. Receiving causes you to be present and allows you to rejuvenate with positive energy – you FEEL good.
6. Studies have shown that the more open you are to receive, the more you make a positive influence on those you know!
Let people celebrate you and show their appreciation. When you receive as well as give, you are not only healthier in mind, body, and spirit—you give yourself the key that unlocks the door to your goals, hopes and dreams. Happy Mother’s Day!